Monday, January 07, 2008

No news was good news


It has been a while since I posted. I had a beautiful boy last May. He was born May 9th, by c-section. I chose that day because it is the birthday of a good friend of mine. He was born by c-section because he was breech and he was likely breech because he had a cord wrapped around his neck 3 times. Nevertheless his APGARs were 9s and we went home early. He weaned himself at 5 and a half months after exclusively breastfeeding since birth. He is happy and talkative, and easygoing.

He started talking the day after he was born. He said “No!” to some unwanted attention from the nurse. He continued to say no when appropriate and added “Yep!” to his vocabulary his first month. I took the “No” and happy coincident which we did our best to reinforce. That seems less likely for “Yep!” but plausible. Since then he has added milk, Mama, Daddy, Loren, Kelly, I love you, I am wet, I do not want, thank you, caterpillar, ola, hi, hello, now, and most recently, bacon. He is definitely communicating verbally.

No comments: